Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting out of Town

One of my favorite parts about living in Los Angeles (the LA part of my blog title, clever huh?)are the places you can get to in a short amount of time for special weekend trips. At least, I hope it will be a short amount of time as we are driving in holiday traffic today with one million of our closest friends! The list of places to take long weekends from LA is sort of endless, for example--Big Sur, Palm Springs, Vegas, San Diego...so many great things to do but our favorite place to visit is the Santa Ynez Valley. In fact, we got married there last year! It is a beautiful area and is known as sort of the Santa Barbara version of wine country. We try to spend as much time up there as we can as LA can be a little crazy and we need breaks from the people, smog and traffic! Here is a picture from our wedding at the Gainey Vineyard



I need to give credit where credit is due. We had the most amazing wedding photographer EVER. If you are getting married in California you need to hire her and if you are getting married somewhere else, fly her to wherever you are and HIRE HER. She is the best and she and her husband Casey not only take the most gorgeous photos, they make you feel happy and comfortable on your special day. Her name is Amanda Bevington and you need to go check her out. www.amandabevington.com

I miss my wedding. I think that happens to a lot of brides. You plan and plan and then have the best day ever but it goes by so fast and then it is over! We are quickly approaching the 1 year mark and I just can't believe it.

To keep on with the Santa Ynez theme, here is another photo from Gainey



Doesn't it make you want to just hop on a plane or in a car or whatever and just get to Santa Ynez!? We we are headed there in t-minus 2 hours. It can't come soon enough, we haven't been since Easter weekend!

The purpose of this blog isn't to make you jealous! I just wanted to share my weekend plans of wine tasting, cycling and laying by the pool. I also wanted an excuse to show off that wedding photo.

The only thing missing from my weekend (besides my family and my angel niece Luci) is my mom's strawberry yogurt pie. She would make a ton of them every 4th while I was growing up and that may account for my entry into weight watchers years later! I would share the recipe but isn't really mine to share, hopefully she will post it on her nonna bella blog!!! Love you mom.


Well, that is it from me today, I will post this weekend or Monday with fun photos and stories from this weekend.

Hope you all have a safe and Happy Fourth of July!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Andrea! I miss your wedding too : ) And you both! Congratulations on the new blog - I'll be following so keep up the great stuff! Oh, and now I'm hungry too....xo, A

    ReplyDelete